WE ARE THE SMALL BUSINESS SPECIALISTS IN CENTRAL FLORIDA
Accounting • Taxes • Payroll • QuickBooks Support • Business Consulting
Don’t let bookkeeping and accounting functions get in the way of running your business. As a small business owner you need to devote your time and passion to what you do best- running and growing your business. Wesley Howell has over 25 years of experience in helping businesses like yours to manage their financial statements as well as fulfill their mission statements.
Many small businesses and start-ups often employ family members who may not be trained professionals. It’s not their fault, but often mistakes are made that can lead to leaving money on the table at refund time or false reporting that can result in an audit. Even professional bookkeepers may not know all the latest changes in the tax code. That lack of knowledge can result in lost opportunities or costly mistakes.
Each Month or Quarter We’ll Provide The Following Services Performed by a CPA:
- Reconcile your bank account
- Generate an income statement
- Generate a balance sheet
- Clean up your general ledger
- Provide unlimited consultations
Reconciling your business checking account each month allows us to keep your bank account, accounting, and taxes up-to-date.
Having Wesley R. Howell, CPA – reconcile your account each month allows you to:
- Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
- Know how your business is doing. You can’t really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statement.
- Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you.
- Protect yourself. By timely reconciling and promptly objecting to your bank about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged checks presented to your bank and paid by that bank, you can relieve your business of responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the bank. This reason to reconcile alone should be enough. Crime exists.
- Sleep Better. You will sleep more peacefully at night knowing your bank accounts are reconciled, in balance and that all escrow funds, accounts, checks and disbursed funds are properly accounted for.
At Wesley R. Howell, CPA, we provide an income statement, otherwise known as a profit and loss statement.
An income statement allows you to:
- Track revenues and expenses so that you can determine the operating performance of your business.
- Determine what areas of your business are over-budget or under-budget.
- Identify specific items that are causing unexpected expenditures, like phone, fax, mail, or supply expenses.
- Track dramatic increases in product returns or cost of goods sold as a percentage of sales.
- Determine your income tax liability.
Wesley R. Howell, CPA also provides you with a balance sheet that gives you a snapshot of your business’ financial condition at a specific moment in time. Balance sheets, along with income statements, are the most requested elements in providing financial reporting to potential lenders such as banks, investors, and vendors who are considering how much credit to grant you.
A balance sheet helps you:
- Quickly get a handle on the financial strength and capabilities of your business.
- Identify and analyze trends, particularly in the area of receivables and payables. For example, if your receivables cycle is lengthening, maybe you can collect your receivables more aggressively.
- Determine if your business is in a position to expand.
- Determine if your business can easily handle the normal financial ebbs and flows of revenues and expenses?
- Determine if you need to take immediate steps to bolster cash reserves?
- Determine if your business has been slowing down payables to forestall an inevitable cash shortage?
Maintaining a Clean General Ledger
The general ledger is the core of your company’s financial records. These records constitute the central “books” of your system. Since every transaction flows through the general ledger, a problem with your general ledger throws off all your books.
Having Wesley R. Howell, CPA will review your general ledger system each month allows us to hunt down any discrepancies such as double billings or any unrecorded payments. Then we’ll fix the discrepancies so your books are always accurate and kept in tip-top shape.
The staff at Wesley R. Howell, CPA is always available to spend time with you so you will fully understand how to interpret and utilize the financial information we provide. Our consultations are already included in our price, so please feel free to call us whenever you have a question or concern.
Customize Your Package
The above tasks form the solid foundation of your small business accounting system. You can customize the package by adding payroll, tax planning, tax preparation, or any of our other services.
CALL US FOR A COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION 407-515-1121